Intern with possibility to transition to a permanent position, OptiVest Inc - Orange County
Firm: Fast-growing, full-service wealth management firm in South Orange County is looking for an intern with the potential for permanent hire. This position does not offer relocation and thereby we encourage local candidates to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Research Analyst \ Investment Associate - Performs research and analysis and/or manages investment options. Help on modeling and running risk analysis. Follow through with investment decisions on selection, suitability guidelines, and reporting.
· Paraplanner - Responsibilities include data gathering, modeling, case design, plan development, presentation development, etc. to provide technical support to advisors.
· Portfolio Administrator - Sets up and maintains client accounts. Compiles and completes client, custodian, and firm paperwork. Reviews and maintains client transactions and activity. Executes client and firm tasks, such as asset transfers, preparation of reports, and general support of portfolio and investment strategies.
· Trader - Buys and sells securities as directed by the portfolio managers, advisors, or CIO.
· Operations Associate - Performs investment daily activities within the operations department.
Skills and Background:
· BA in either finance or accounting.
· Financial planning background is helpful.
· Working towards CFA or CFP designation.
· Software experience such as Bloomberg, Tamarac/Envestnet, Schwab Performance, Orion, MS office, Junxure, Morningstar.
· Attention to detail and ability to focus is an essential element for this position.
· Strong work ethic, responsible ownership of the job, and confidentially of client data are desired, critical characteristics.
To apply, contact Ms. Stella Choi, firstname.lastname@example.org