Monday, November 12, 2012
Agency RMBS Portfolio Manager, Los Angeles, CA
Job Function: Agency RMBS Portfolio Manager (Prestigious Buy-Side Manager LA)
Our client manages $85 billion in institutional assets, of which approximately $6 billion is in the Agency Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (Agency RMBS) sector. Their client base is primarily comprised of life insurance and total return accounts. The Agency RMBS Portfolio Manager/Senior Analyst will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and recommending new investment opportunities, monitoring and reviewing existing credit exposures, recommending and executing trades, and assisting with our operations, client management and marketing groups in their roles with respect to the portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identify value and risk in Agency RMBS on a security and portfolio level.
• Formulate and manage sector investment thesis and strategy and communicate firm-wide.
• Build and maintain strong business relationships with investment banks, brokerage firms, issuers, and rating agencies, etc.
• Maintain accurate analytics, modeling and valuation of securities. Work with our risk, portfolio and client management groups to assure accurate portfolio information.
• Develop market information and data and develop presentations to senior management, sales and marketing, and clients.
• Work with groups throughout Guggenheim to employ expertise on structure and collateral.
• Identify opportunities to expand the scope and success of our business.
MBA and CFA or equivalent educational background.
Substantial relevant experience (5+ years) in the Agency RMBS market.
Strong credit, finance, economic, business and technical skills.
Strong commitment to performance.
Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Phone: (415) 944-8777