Equity Analyst -Newport Beach, CA
Perform fundamental research and analysis on companies and industries to support and augment the investment decision-making process.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Research U.S. & International companies in an assigned sector. Identify and analyze relevant information including, but not limited to, financial reports, fundamental reports, industry data, competitor intelligence, suppliers, customers and other primary sources.
2. Identify long-term investment themes and catalysts at companies and find unique long-term attributes.
3. Write in-depth company reports that include an analysis of the business model, catalysts, risks, valuation, competitive positioning, products etc.
4. Write comprehensive industry reports that outline the industry’s business dynamics, changes, risks, opportunities and competitors.
5. Interview management of firms under coverage and management of other firms in the sector to determine the prospects of each firm.
6. Develop and maintain valuation models
7. Attend relevant investment conferences, industry tradeshows, and analyst days/field trips.
8. Present analysis, both written and verbal, to Portfolio managers and members of the Research Team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. [MBA preferred; Undergraduate + CFA designation also considered.
2. Minimum of three years of investment industry experience, preferably long-only buy-side experience.
3. Strong analytical and accounting skills. Experience in analyzing financial statements is required.
4. Detailed and multitask-oriented with strong organization skills.
5. Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to prepare detailed stock research reports. excellent
6. Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a member of the internal research team and to interact with professionals from outside the firm.
Metropolitan West Capital Management