Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Leading publicly traded institutional electronic trading platform seeks a Head of Risk to oversee enterprise risk on a global basis, including operational and credit risk as well as Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Chair the firm's Risk Committee and oversee comprehensive, enterprise risk management program
- Responsible for setting/implementing corporate-wide risk strategy
- Proactively identify risks associated with changing business priorities/new products/etc.
- Implementation of programs/solutions and enhancing existing programs
- Monitoring of programs and reporting on results to management/outside auditors/board of directors
- Work closely with external auditors to implement effective SOX program
- Ensure controls/testing plans are relevant and complete and strengthen plans where needed
- Regularly review/update SOX narratives based on changes to the business/new products/etc.
- Responsible for enhancing internal review programs
- Responsible for counterparty credit
- Oversee establishment of sound credit control policies/procedures
- Chair firm's Credit Committee
- Interface with business management on credit control matters
- Review/sign off on new/amended counterparty credit limits
- Oversight of Technology Security Manager, Internal Control Audit Manager and Credit Analyst
- Broad background in risk management on an enterprise level
- Exposure to technology risk and security
- Public company experience required
- International experience and understanding of international risk areas is a plus
- Experience with counterparty risk/credit analysis
- Exposure to operational risk, including financial controls
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations/requirements
- Knowledge of technology risks/corporate systems security/data privacy/personally identifiable information/etc.
- Experience directing control evaluations/testing methodologies
- Counterparty credit/trading risk experience
- Knowledge of antifraud internal controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: must be comfortable presenting to executive management/outside auditors/audit committee of the board/entire board of directors
- Good leadership/delegation skills
- High degree of integrity/ethics/values
If you are interested in this opening, please email us a copy of your resume as an MS Word attachment.
BCI - Financial Services Recruiting
10 S. Wacker Dr., Suite 1250
Chicago, IL 60606