Reporting to: Sr. Risk Manager
Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA
Salary Level: Competitive
The Risk Analyst/Associate will be part of the Armilla Advisory Risk team tasked with assessing and monitoring many types of investment funds on behalf of institutional clients.
The Hedge Fund Risk Analyst/Associate is tasked with understanding and quantifying the risks involved in the different strategies/funds. Should you be successful in your application as a member of our firm you will be involved in the analysis and reporting of the risks associated with the different funds. As a member of the risk team your main responsibility will be the risk assessment of our hedge fund investments. The risk assessment is an element of the initial due diligence prior to investment as well as a part of the ongoing monitoring of our clients investments. It involves a detailed understanding of the strategy and the subsequent analysis of market risk, concentration risk and liquidity risk (amongst other risks). The basis for this analysis is exposure and position reports as well as market information. In addition you will carry out tasks / analyses in areas of the general responsibility of the risk team.
- Conduct pre-investment risk assessment of hedge funds. Responsible for risk evaluation of each manager using positions and returns based analysis. Key deliverables will be to document risk assessment and analysis for risk / investment committees.
- Conduct onsite risk reviews with fund managers as part the firm’s overall due diligence approach.
- Monitor risk and exposures of each manager on a frequent basis. This will include analysis of stress tests, sensitivities analysis and portfolio behavioral analysis.
- Produce Monthly risk reports
- Communicate hedge fund risks to clients looking to better understand their portfolios.
- Help develop internal risk monitoring tools.
- Work closely with Armilla clients on sourcing specific information on managers positions
- Aid in writing Risk insights and papers acting as a thought leader in hedge fund risk management
- Keep abreast of all market activities that can affect portfolios.
- 2-4 years’ experience with hedge funds investments and risk
- Experience: Hedge Fund, FOHF, Managed Accounts, Risk Analyst, Hedge Fund Analyst
- Strong knowledge of hedge fund strategies and associated risks
- Strong knowledge of performance analysis techniques
- Strong quantitative background: Recommended MFE, CQF or FRM qualifications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Technology skills: MatLab, Excel, SQL, C++, RiskMetrics, Algo, Measurisk, Barra, Northfield
- Desirable: Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
MissionArmilla Advisors ®, LLC is a leading independent risk management advisory firm for asset management. Our mission is to assist institutional investors with the critical tasks of identifying, measuring, monitoring and managing the risks to which they are exposed. Unlike the traditional view of risk management being solved through systems and analytics, Armilla is positioned to span the gap between systems output and the increasing complexity of comprehensive risk management.
About Armilla Advisors
Armilla Advisors ®, LLC is comprised of recognized leaders in asset management risk with extensive backgrounds across the spectrum of financial firms in different roles. The firm is dedicated to offering strategic risk advisory solutions to asset managers and institutional investors globally. Armilla’s clients include hedge funds, public and private pension plans, foundations, endowments, and financial institutions. Based in Newport Beach, California, the firm is committed to meeting the needs and demands of its institutional client base both now and in the future.
Our team is among the best qualified and most experienced in the industry — thought leaders whose insights are grounded in Armilla’s research-driven ethos.
Armilla brings expertise in traditional and alternative investments to a range of clients including defined benefit and defined contribution employee benefit plans, endowments, foundations, and private wealth investment programs.
To apply: Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Risk Analyst’ in the subject line.
Contact: Chief of Staff