The Director, Global Private Wealth Management will lead efforts at CFA Institute to educate and engage members and other stakeholders who serve as private wealth managers. This position will lead development of PWM educational content and work collaboratively with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders, including media and public relations teams, web presence teams, strategy, product and industry relations teams, CFA Institute Societies and leadership within the Education and Standards and Financial Markets Integrity divisions. The Director, Global Private Wealth Management will also manage the CFA Institute web and social networking PWM resources, be accountable for strategic choices in furtherance of our objective of being the preeminent authority on investment issues related to private investors and work with the Head, Standards of Practice and Outreach to recruit members of a CFA Institute advisory council concerning PWM issues.
The position will be headquartered in Charlottesville or New York, and will report to the Head, Standards of Practice and Outreach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to development of educational content that is relevant to private wealth managers
- Promote comprehensive range of CFA Institute content to PWM practitioners
- Significant contributions to identifying and selecting candidates to serve as well as administrative management of process leading to establishment of Private Wealth Advisory Council, and serves as primary staff liaison to that group, engaging with Council members to inform content development and though leadership as well as leveraging Council members’ connections with private wealth manager communities
- Coordinates with Education division staff to facilitate practice analysis of private wealth educational content and periodic updates of PWM body of knowledge
- Serves as staff expert on Private Wealth markets globally and provides insights as to how CFA Institute can best serve unique needs of these practitioners
- Leads review and development of CFA Institute Private Wealth strategy
- Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with Investor Education, Strategic Products and technology, and other internal staff to inform all CFA Institute content that is relevant to PWM .
- Serves as primary media and public outreach resource for commentary on private wealth management issues at CFA Institute
- Coordinates with internal resources to revise and enhance presentation of PWM content in online properties
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with other global stakeholders in furtherance of the objective of establishing CFA Institute reputation as preeminent authority on investment issues for private investors
- Develops and promotes original thought leadership related to private wealth management
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- CFA charter
- Minimum 10 years of experience in investment management, with experience in private wealth management especially valued
- Significant experience in investment management, marketing, and/or content development in a multinational environment preferred
- Experience in developing new market segments and/or or identifying how to engage and educate new audiences
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of additional languages would be useful.
- Must demonstrate outstanding stewardship and relationship building/management skills to expand the mission of CFA Institute
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets and issues globally
- Global cultural orientation and working experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Ability to create new and unique ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit a plus
- Experience as a CFA Institute volunteer in grading or curriculum and exams a plus
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in project management, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery
- Very high level of organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with senior management
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Willingness to ask questions rather than just follow directions is required.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and mature business skills
- Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
Some global travel may be required; approximately 10-15 percent of the time
Apply at: http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/careers/Pages/index.aspx?JobID=287