BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock’s Portfolio Management Group is looking for a Separately Managed Account (SMA) Portfolio Specialist to support our Managed Account Team in the Newport Beach office. As a Portfolio Specialist, you will build relationships internally with Portfolio Managers, investment teams and the sales organization as well as externally with clients and Financial Advisors. On a day-to-day basis you will actively deliver a broad set of investment solutions to clients across various platforms, trade client accounts, and generally support the SMA Portfolio Managers in managing their book of accounts.
- Build an expert knowledge of the Team’s trade modeling and order creation systems
- Trade client accounts – invest/divest assets as appropriate, rebalance accounts, etc.
- Research & resolve individual account discrepancies to ensure a consistent client experience
- Handle incoming FA inquiries, provide a professional investment experience and resolve account-related issues accurately and efficiently
- Confirm asset allocation, review administrative & client exception reports
- Produce various internal reports relating to trading and investment performance on a timely and accurate basis
- Assist the Portfolio Managers in handling very significant new account growth
- Provide basic financial market information via Thomson, Bloomberg, etc.
- Produce reports for managing the business
- Prepare client presentations, including gathering statistical data
- Develop a broad understanding of BlackRock’s SMA product offerings
- BA/BS is required or considerable portfolio support experience
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment
- Experience with trading and implementation of separately managed accounts (SMA’s) is preferred
- Familiarity with Fiserv APL system is preferred
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid quantitative skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize numerous projects
- Series 7 and 66 highly desired, must be attained within six months of hire if not already licensed
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.