Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Please Follow the Link to Apply: Portfolio Compliance Analyst - 13670
Position DescriptionPortfolio Compliance oversees guideline compliance for over 2,000 separate accounts and offshore funds on a post-trade basis, which includes an independent compliance verification. We perform holdings-level analysis to detect any guideline breaches in client portfolios and monitor all outstanding compliance issues from time of breach through resolution. In performing our array of compliance functions, Portfolio Compliance works closely with departments across the firm, including Account Management, Portfolio Management, Product Management, and Business Management. At its core, Portfolio Compliance monitors guideline compliance in order to manage and mitigate risk to both our clients and the firm.
The Portfolio Compliance Analyst position is a challenging and multifaceted role where responsibilities include analyzing account transactions and portfolio holdings in order to conduct a full compliance verification for all separate accounts and offshore mutual funds. Position requires research of potential compliance issues, client reporting, and working with Account and Portfolio Management in an effort to resolve outstanding violations. The role also includes participation in various ad hoc projects, such as process developments and improvements, scenario analysis, and technology testing. The position affords the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging workplace with highly motivated and intelligent professionals.Position Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting is required for this role. MBA is highly preferred.
- CFA designation or active status in the CFA program is a plus.
- Two years of general fixed income/compliance experience is desired.
- Possess strong analytical ability and excellent attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, ability to work in a team environment, and capable of managing multiple tasks with tight time deadlines.
- Problem solving and decision making skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel required (formulas and functions).
- Experience using MS Access, BusinessObjects, MS Excel VBA, and Bloomberg a plus.
- If not already completed during the initial interview process, must score a 90% or better on the Compliance Assessment and MS Excel test.
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
- Maintaining a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensuring that the work product is delivered completed, accurately and on time.
- Have a strong sense of honesty and integrity.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in both routine and highly charged environments; adapt responses appropriately to each situation.
- Desire to contribute to and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental assignments.
- Display a sense of teamwork and foster a learning environment.
Company OverviewEstablished in 1971, PIMCO is today recognized as one of the world’s leading investment management firms. With 12 international offices, we aim to provide local solutions and service to clients across the globe. Our on-the-ground presence in Europe—with offices in Amsterdam, London, Milan, Munich and Zurich—spans more than 10 years. With a successful track record in active fixed income management, PIMCO became part of the Allianz Group of companies in 2000, operating as an autonomous entity of the Group’s asset management arm. Since then, PIMCO has experienced consistent growth across the range of diversity of strategies we manage, the types of clients we service, and the assets we manage on their behalf.
As of 30 June 2012, PIMCO manages US$1,815,361 million in assets, including US$1,468,321 million in third-party client assets. We are a global investment solutions provider with a highly-successful history in fixed income management. PIMCO has expertise and significant resources committed to virtually every sector of the global investment markets. Through both pooled and segregated accounts, we offer a full spectrum of core and alternative fixed income strategies across domestic, regional and global mandates. Importantly, as markets have evolved, we have worked closely with our clients to understand their particular investment requirements and to develop new strategies and innovative solutions to meet their objectives. These solutions might include our broad fixed income capabilities or strategies such as equities or commodities. Moreover, we have well developed platforms for LDI, absolute return and asset allocation solutions.
PIMCO has enjoyed a stable organization throughout our 40-year history. We have attracted and retained key professionals, in part by providing a dynamic working environment and culture that rewards staff for excellence and their contribution, and partly owing to competitive financial incentives. Many of the professionals who were instrumental in PIMCO's founding and subsequent growth continue to be active in its management. We remain focused on our mission to manage risk and deliver returns for our clients.Please Follow the Link to Apply: Portfolio Compliance Analyst - 13670