Commonwealth Financial Network® is an independent broker/dealer based in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California.
We are a community of more than 400 home office staff helping more than 1,300 independent financial advisors achieve their own version of success. Our dual vision—to be the best at everything we do and to maintain a supportive environment where we all can thrive—has earned us recognition as a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work for the last six consecutive years; a Computerworld Best Place to Work in IT for the past three consecutive years; and #1 debuts in the midsize category in the Boston Globe’s 2008 list of the 100 Top Places to
Work and the San Diego Business Journal’s 2009 Best Places to Work.
We stand apart for our commitment to indispensable service, profitability, individual development—and fun. If you’re equally passionate about what you do and want to know more about our refreshing culture, please let us hear from you.
Investment AnalystThe Research team reviews and approves investment products and provides recommendations to advisors on economic analysis, asset allocation, portfolio management, individual investment managers, and the full range of investment products the advisors may use to help clients achieve financial goals. As an investment analyst, your responsibilities would include:
- Performing due diligence and analysis on traded and nontraded securities with real assets (real estate, equipment, commodities, natural resources, and infrastructure) as the underlying holdings
- Responding to inquiries from Commonwealth’s advisors on investment topics and products
- Generating ideas in regard to opportunities in real asset securities
- Researching industry trends and writing related materials
- Gathering data from SEC filings, industry publications, and product vendors and maintaining databases
- Consulting with advisors regarding product options, tools, and resources pertaining to real assets
- Taking on and managing significant projects from start to finish
The ideal candidate for this position would also meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, plus progress toward an MBA or obtaining CFA charter or CAIA charter
- Team player
- Ability to develop an idea and defend conclusion
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated writing and public presentation skills
- At least four years’ experience in investment research; at least two years’ experience in alternative investments
If you’re a true team player with a positive attitude and a strong commitment to customer service—and your background matches our requirements for this position—we would like to hear from you.
This position is located in San Diego, CAPlease submit resumes to mcreagh@COMMONWEALTH.COM
Commonwealth Financial Network is an equal opportunity employer.