- An Investment Analyst works directly with consultants to provide investment consulting services to clients. The Analyst is responsible for managing the reporting process for assigned clients, establishing and maintaining knowledge of a broad range of investments and managers, and providing investment and economic research to the company’s consultants.
- The Analyst position is an intermediate-level investment position. The Analyst is expected to progressively increase his or her level of knowledge regarding general investment knowledge, the investment consulting and management industry, and firm-specific practices.
- The Analyst works closely with consultants in carrying out the position’s duties. The position reports to the firm’s Executive Vice President in the Carlsbad office.
• Solid understanding of economic and investment theory and practices
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including facility with financial and statistical concepts
• A minimum of three years experience in the investment industry required
• MBA and/or CFA charter holder or candidate preferred
• Ability to gather, organize, and coordinate data from disparate sources
• Professional and effective verbal communication skills
• Superior writing skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately under time pressure and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and to proactively seek new responsibilities
• Ability to work well with employees from other company departments• Solid interpersonal and presentation skills
• Excellent computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Manage report workflow by ensuring timely completion of deliverables for assigned clients, including calculating and verifying investment data, number-checking, writing, and proofing quarterly reports
• Collecting and analyzing financial data related to client investment accounts and investment managers and strategies
• Collaborating with consultants in the writing and preparation of client memoranda, market developments, and client recommendations.
• Meet with and evaluate the capabilities of investment managers. Proactively identify and meet with strong investment managers to determine which investment vehicles best meet client needs and circumstances
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment to manage and contribute to investment manager and other service provider searches for clients
• Collaborate with consultants in the creation of client investment policy statements, asset allocation recommendations, and related advisory services
• Collaborate with consultants in all aspects of client Fund Coordination services, including interacting with investment managers, custody banks, and other vendors in order to effectively advise clients
• Conduct special studies on investment-related topics
• Coordinate and collaborate with all of the Firm’s resources/personnel in fulfilling client needs. Able to facilitate and champion a team effort
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment to develop and maintain knowledge base in assigned asset class and investment manager areas
• Utilize investment-related software programs to aid in the evaluation of client investment structures and in the formulation of recommendations to management or consultants
• Representing the company by participating in existing client and potential client (marketing) presentations
• Able to effectively present investment research to internal investment staff as well as clients
• Develop resources that contribute to improvements in the quality of the company’s investment advisory services
• Develop resources that create and enhance timely and efficient workflow
• Fulfill any and all other duties deemed necessary by management
Send résumé with cover letter via e-mail to: RecruitingSD@meketagroup.com
No phone calls, please. | www.meketagroup.com