Position: Junior Portfolio Manager - Newport Beach, CA
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Firm: Boutique Fee-Only Wealth Management Firm
OverviewThe company is uniquely positioned, with fewer than 100 family clients and endowments, to provide customized financial planning services and individualized wealth management services. The company utilizes a true team approach with every client and maintains a client to staff ratio of approximately 15 to 1.
The company manages $325 million plus, and has a minimum requirement of $5 million in liquid investable assets for new clients. Client portfolios are individually managed, in-house, with no separately managed accounts. The firm’s philosophy is to focus on asset allocation, passively managing the core and selectively layering in actively managed funds. In addition to building individual bond ladders, the firm also apportions its efforts and research on alternative investments.
The company is looking to add a CFA Level I, II or III Candidate, with at least two years of industry experience. The expectation is that this individual will assist the lead portfolio manager in every aspect of portfolio management, as well as execute the daily trades. The firm hopes to double assets under management over the next five years, giving this individual the opportunity to be a senior portfolio manager as the firm grows.
Summary of responsibilities
The candidate should have a comprehensive understanding of asset allocation strategy development, and experience with both equity and fixed income securities.
Responsibilities in the first year include:
- Transitioning portfolios with existing securities towards targeted allocation
- Creating and maintaining a “select list” (funds and alternatives)
- Identifying and performing due diligence on alternative investments
- Performance attribution analysis
- Executing mutual fund, stock and bond trades
- Assisting in managing and enhancing current strategies with a role in any new strategy development
- Writing economic and market analysis and summaries
- Meeting with clients to review portfolio strategy and performance
- Maintaining targeted allocation over time through periodic rebalancing
We offer a competitive benefits package and significant long-term upside compensation potential.
Reference and credit checks will be performed.