Director of Trading, Index Fund Advisors - Irvine, CA
A large fee-only wealth management firm, Index Fund Advisors, Inc. (www.ifa.com), a $1.9B RIA in Irvine, is searching for a Director of Trading to oversee and work along with 3 junior portfolio managers. The firm specializes in passively managed portfolios of global equity mutual funds and fixed income mutual funds, mostly from Dimensional Fund Advisors. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the trading department, as well as working closely with financial advisors, marketing and compliance. Knowledge and agreement of IFA's portfolio strategies and the underlying research behind the firm’s philosophy is critical. It can be reviewed at ifa.com.
· 3+ years’ work experience at an RIA with preferably $250M+ in AUM
· Willing to commit to a passive portfolio of index funds in your personal portfolio or 401k plan
· Management experience overseeing employees and working across departments
· Extensive experience with asset allocation models and trading mutual funds, ETFs, stocks and Fixed Income
· An understanding of the tax consequences of trading
· Advanced in Microsoft Excel (mandatory)
· Advanced in Econometrics & Statistics (mandatory)
· Experience in trading on Schwab, Fidelity and TD Ameritrade Platforms
· Experience in portfolio management systems, such as FinFolio, Portfolio Center or Advent
· CFA and/or MBA and an understanding of academic finance preferred
Please review ifa.com before applying and, if you agree with the content, send a resume
and cover letter to email@example.com along with your salary history.