Sr. Portfolio Manager, Private Client Reserve, U.S. Bank – San Diego
The Sr. Portfolio Manager is a client facing role on a team of wealth management professionals. The individual selected will be responsible for managing individual and/or trust account assets and investment relationships consistent with the established investment objectives and strategies of the company and/or the client. Strong focus on managing client account retention to meet Net Portfolio growth objectives of the company. Shared responsibility for soliciting, developing, managing, and retaining client relationships for Wealth Management.
- Manage a portfolio of individual and/or trust account assets to maximize investment return commensurate with an acceptable level of risk.
- Assists in the development and implementation of short and/or long-term investment policies and strategies based on management investment philosophy and customer investment objectives.
- Keeps informed of developments in investment markets, using fundamental and/or technical research to arrive at sound and timely investment decisions.
- Supports, as needed, new business development, relationship management, marketing and/or technical research to arrive at sound and timely investment decisions.
- Supports, as needed, new business development, relationship management, marketing and/or product development.
- Assist senior managers with major accounts.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of investment experience
- CFA or CFP certification or currently pursuing a CFA or CFP certification preferred
- Thorough understanding of the investment management field
- Strong knowledge of finance, economics and general business
- Effective sales and relationship management/client service skills
- Ability to make critical decisions independently and within teams
- Excellent presentation skills on investment strategies to clients and prospects
- Well developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
Wealth Management is the fastest growing division of U.S. Bancorp (U.S. Bank). In 2011 U.S. Bank delivered record results and is on track to achieve even better performance in 2012. We are the fifth largest bank in the US, and a leader of the industry by virtually every measure of financial performance, strength and stability. In 2011 Fortune magazine named U.S. Bank the Most Admired Superregional Bank, and the fifth Most Admired Company in Management Quality in the world.