Our client seeks a Director of Research to be based in Minneapolis, MN.
This is a new position that will help support the company’s investment products and new product development. This is a very senior role and the title will likely change to reflect that.
About the Company:Our client is an established firm that has been in business for over 30 years. They are well known in the institutional investment management marketplace. By partnering with our client, institutional clients can expect to increase portfolio performance and enhance risk management capabilities.
The Role:The Director of Research is responsible for leading all analysis and quantitative modeling to support the company’s investment products and new product development.
They will be mapping out how research should be done. This person will help develop a more organized process to take advantage of the investment professionals already on staff.
Our client is looking for research based on fundamental investment constructs that is rigorous and at the same time more practical (daily use).
They will perform modeling and back testing.
What we are looking for:Master’s degree (a Ph.D.’s would be great but not necessary) in Finance, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
Plus 5+ years of work experience in the Investment industry
Can you answer these questions for us?
1. Do you have experience in portfolio construction, risk management, strategy evaluation and portfolio management? Which securities or derivative instruments have you researched or traded?
2. Can you tell me about your experience in Matlab, R, CPLEX, Factset, Bloomberg and/or statistical tools that allow for quantitative modeling and analysis?
3. Do you have experience in portfolio construction, risk management, strategy evaluation and portfolio management? Which securities or derivative instruments have you researched or traded?
4. Have they written research reports for internal or external distribution? Do you possess above average communication skills?
5. Any experience in product development?
6. Are you a self-starter that works well without detailed direction?
Attributes:· Ability to work with the CIO + PM’s to generate research and develop investment thesis and strategies
· Ability to multi task
· Strong communication skills, both written (research, white papers, etc.) and verbal
Why should you be interested?This company is growing and has an excellent management team in place. This opportunity will be very visible; you will be part of a great team. You will be challenged, you will learn and grow. The company has very little turnover with its employees. They are very competitive with compensation packages.
For more information call or email Scott Hedberg at 612.928.5721 or email@example.com