Originally posted Jan 18, 2014
|Job ID #: 14146||Location: Newport Beach|
|Functional Area: Funds||Department: FBG-Pricing|
|Position Type: Full Time||Education Required: Bachelors Degree|
|Experience Required: Not Indicated||Relocation Provided: Yes|
The PIMCO Funds Business Management Group is responsible for operating public and private fund complexes globally with over $750 billion in AUM. PIMCO is the sponsor and administrator of registered and unregistered mutual funds offshore that currently represent approximately $160 billion in AUM across 150+ unique portfolios.
A Manager in the PIMCO Funds Accounting group will be charged with assisting in the oversight of fund accounting and administration of PIMCO’s registered investment funds, with a primary focus over PIMCO’s yield-sensitive strategies which include Income, High Yield, Money Market, Short Term and Equity Income products. Yield analysis and the reporting of actual and projected income/expense accruals will be a key component of this function, which will require a firm technical grasp of a broad range of fixed income, equity and derivative securities.
He or she will be expected to work in tandem with members of the Fund Accounting, Pricing, Technology, Financial Reporting and Tax teams servicing PIMCO’s public funds (US and offshore) to document, oversee, and execute processes related to the oversight of the fund accounting and fund administration service providers.
We are looking for an inquisitive, sharp, tireless, passionate, person that will learn quickly, play a key role in achieving operational excellence and grow with the business during one of the fastest growth periods our firm has experienced. This role will coordinate extensively with product business owners within the group and across the firm. The appropriate candidate will be able to exhibit project management skills through a proven track record of meeting deadlines and coordinating across functional areas.
• 7-10 years of experience and Bachelor’s degree
• A firm understanding of mutual fund accounting (including accounting systems) with exposure to a broad range of fund structures a plus
• Direct experience with front office support/reporting, including forecasting for income/yield-oriented mutual funds with distribution targets
• Strong understanding of GAAP & Tax rules applicable to US registered funds; familiarity with IFRS or other GAAP/Tax a plus
• Detailed knowledge of various asset types; fixed income, equity, derivatives, and other securities
• Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and data management skills (Excel usage, Bloomberg, Macro writing, Database queries, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff through delegation and coaching
• Excellent communication skills, effective presentation skills
• Exhibit executive presence, independently interact at senior levels
• Risk and control minded to aid in the on-going oversight of third party fund accounting service providers
• Highly organized; documentation advocate; process and quality control minded with ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• CFA and/or CPA preferred