Investment Associate, Public Equity, Fixed Income - Denver, CO
Tennison Group has partnered with a Denver based investment manager to locate an Associate for
the firm’s growing investment team. The team provides investment services to institutional investors,
endowments and foundations. The Associate will assist the Portfolio Manager with the investment
manager due diligence and selection of domestic equity, fixed income and derivative focused managers.
The Associate will also be responsible for existing and new manager monitoring and performance
tracking, assisting with client report writing and participate in new client acquisition activities.
The position will be a key member of the team which develops investment strategy, recommends and
implements investment managers and strategies and monitors existing managers to ensure the long-
term investment success for our client. The position will assist in the day-to-day management and
oversight of portfolios across various capital pools. The position is located in Denver, CO.
• Performs analysis and makes recommendations on current and potential investments,
predominantly on external investment managers across domestic equity, fixed income and
derivative focused managers.
• Prepares reports and data and exercises independent judgment in order to support investment
• Conducts extensive external manager due diligence and performs qualitative and quantitative
reviews of existing manager relationships and assists in recommending changes to portfolios.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining investment manager relationships.
• Performs asset class and capital markets research.
• Produces information, reports and analysis for the Chief Investment Officer, Portfolio Manager
and current and prospective clients.
• Produces clear and concise written reports with limited supervision.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Extensive knowledge of public equity, fixed income, and derivative markets; including the use
external investment managers and other investment strategies. Experience with hedge fund
strategies is beneficial.
• Extensive knowledge of capital markets, and investment theory and practice, and extensive
analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
• Proven track record of performing investment manager due diligence, generating asset class and
investment strategy analysis, and multi-manager portfolio construction.
• Strong understanding of risk management principles and applications.
• Other qualifications include strong decision-making skills, a passion for investing, the ability to
work independently in a fast-paced environment, and superior presentation and communication
• Bachelor of Science Degree in business or finance or an equivalent
• Chartered Financial Analyst (at least Level 2 candidate) and/or graduate degree strongly
• Strong quantitative and presentation skills are necessary.
• Minimum of 3 years directly related professional experience required. Ideal experience is in the
identification, screening, assessment, and monitoring of external investment managers with a
preference towards candidates with background working within a pension fund, endowment,
foundation, consulting or similar institutional investment setting.
Competitive salary and bonus structure based on experience, relocation assistance may be provided.
Please send resume and salary requirements to Jeff Beilstein, Tennison Group, for consideration –
The Tennison Group is a national executive search and consulting firm specializing in the recruitment
of senior staff, management and senior management accounting, finance and banking positions for
all companies ranging from Fortune 100 firms to early stage enterprises. Some of the areas that we
specialize in include: Accounting, Real estate, Telecom, High Tech, Health Care, Corporate Finance,
Wealth Management, Investment Managers, Hedge Funds and Private Equity. Please visit our website –