Originally posted Jan 16, 2014
|Job ID #: 14056||Location: Newport Beach|
|Functional Area: Product Management||Department: PdM-Product Mgmt|
|Position Type: Full Time||Education Required: Bachelors Degree|
|Experience Required: Not Indicated||Relocation Provided: Yes|
PIMCO is seeking an Associate to join its Active Equity product management team in Newport Beach.
• Support product managers in business development and client service efforts.
o Serve as product expert internally (and as appropriate, externally) for the PIMCO Dividend Strategies.
o Build internal relationships and partnerships with portfolio managers, account managers, and marketing, communications, and compliance professionals.
o Develop and maintain marketing and client reporting materials.
o Write market and strategy commentary.
o Respond to client, prospective client, and consultant inquiries.
• Provide detailed research and quantitative analysis.
o Perform performance attribution analysis.
o Conduct industry and competitor research.
• Assist with operational projects and initiatives.
o Set up new accounts and benchmarks.
o Resolve trade-related matters.
o Master PIMCO’s internal applications.
• One to three years of investment experience. Prior active equity experience is preferred.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills in combination with outstanding communication skills (both oral and written).
• Sharp focus on details with an awareness of the bigger picture. Ability to work on concurrent projects in an organized fashion.
• Intellectual curiosity, with demonstrated enthusiasm for financial markets and investment management.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Factset, and Bloomberg. Experience with VBA and/or SQL is a plus.
• Four-year college degree.
• CFA designation or active status in the CFA program is a plus.
In addition to a strong commitment to PIMCO’s culture, values, and approach, this role requires the following personal characteristics:
• A sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results in a challenging, fast-paced, environment.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness to meet evolving, ambiguous demands of a PIMCO’s growing Active Equity business.
• Ability to work effectively within a team and with all levels of personnel.
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer.