Risk Analyst - IrvineJob Listing at Kelly Services in Irvine, CA (Job ID US150LLC_BH743987)
The Risk Analyst supports the establishment of market rates, reserve estimates, trend projections and other financial determinations for assigned markets and blocks of business. The position requires independent analysis and the ability to think “outside the box” and continually consider new ideas and methodologies. The position demands that the analyst relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
· Assists with quantitative assessments of risk relating to: Market premium rate levels, New product development,
· Summarize and reconciles essential statistical data
· Communicate and explain basiIBNR development
· Analyses, summc underwriting methodologies to appropriate parties
· Maintain, analyze and report on all blocks of business
· Identifies and analyzes the internal and external factors which affect the development of market rates
· Creates and maintains databases to track business performance
· Recommend and present rates to Rate Review Committee
· Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability and statistics to risk and trend analyses
· Assists with custom plan creation
· Other duties as required
· Minimum five (5) years health care underwriting or data analysis, must include working with dental experience
· Excellent written and Strong Oral Communication skills.
· Proficient computer skills in Window-based software products such as Word, Access and Email
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Excel (including pivot tables, lookup functions, sumif(s), sumproduct, charts, graphs, formulas etc)
· Data Analysis, including evaluating risk and opportunities
· Ability to calculate and underwrite risk
· Ability to succeed/thrive in a goal-oriented environment.
· Excellent statistical and mathematical skills
· Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
· In-depth rating, product and financial knowledge
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet goals and deadlines.
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
· Very high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
Want more information? Visit kellyservices.com/finance