Originally posted January 27, 2014
|Job ID #: 14143||Location: Newport Beach|
|Functional Area: Portfolio Management||Department: PM-Credit Research|
|Position Type: Full Time||Education Required: Bachelors Degree|
|Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years||Relocation Provided: Yes|
We are seeking an experienced Senior Credit Research Analyst – Consumer/Retail to work in our Newport Beach office. Credit Research Analysts analyze various industries and the companies within them and make investment recommendations to PIMCO’s portfolio managers group. They also provide analytical support for the firm’s portfolio managers by highlighting risks and making investment recommendations on specific companies.
• Provide fundamental and relative value research on existing holdings and generate credit driven investment ideas specific to the Consumer/Retail sector.
• Proactively communicate investment ideas by initiating discussions with portfolio managers and participating in group meetings.
• Produce written reports such as company evaluations and quarterly updates, relative value analyses, and industry reviews.
• Respond to portfolio manager inquiries regarding credit concerns, market overviews, and sector changes
• Interaction with clients or client service professionals.
• Must have 7+ years of investment research experience, in either a credit or equity capacity. Ideally 3+ years experience in the Consumer/Retail sector in a credit analyst (or equity analyst) role at an organization that is well regarded for investment research.
• Outstanding skills in conducting in-depth, first-hand credit research, specifically within their sectors including on-sight visits, financial modeling, and relative value analysis. Demonstrated ability to make judgments regarding credit, risk, and valuation.
• Judgment and market knowledge that allow the analyst to determine the appropriate depth of analysis required for individual credits.
• Ability to cover their industry with minimal direction and to make preliminary decisions in a short time frame with incomplete information.
• Proactive in generating successful investment ideas. Ability to take the lead in advocating investment ideas to portfolio managers rather than relying on external direction.
• Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities. Need to be persuasive and credible.
• Values seeing one’s investment ideas added to investment portfolios and enjoys credit analysis as a long-term career.
• Strong academic credentials and achievement; CFA a plus.