|Sr Manager, Fleet and Commercial Real Estate Risk, Hyundai Capital - Irvine|
|Sr Manager, Fleet and Commercial Real Estate Risk|
| General Summary
The main areas of responsibility of this function include oversight of the dealer products analytics team needed for the ongoing design, development and implementation of risk-based strategies for HCA’s Dealer products portfolio.
This position is a supervisory as well as an advisory role that helps HCA assess its risk-taking, Risk governance and risk control framework. The candidate will leverage his/her extensive operational experience to design and advance risk mitigation strategies across dealer products credit life cycle (i.e. origination to account management to workout/collections).
Duties and Responsibilities
Commercial Fleet Risk Policy
• Support the functions of Credit, Operations and Finance to help drive operational improvements and efficiencies that facilitate commercial fleet profitability, ensuring HCA is driving business growth while effectively managing credit /market risk driven losses.
• Provide an independent assessment of the quality of our Commercial Fleet and daily rental originations and portfolio performance based on their operational processes, management characteristics, economic outlook and personal experience
• Lead and install Fleet Risk Management policies and procedures that act as guidelines for commercial underwriting and operations teams.
• Build best in class Risk monitoring strategies in conjunction with counterparts in sales and credit, including but not limited to
o Designing, implementation and monitoring of KPI’s/KRI’s to monitor unhealthy exposure on books.
o Designing prescriptive remediation steps to mitigate risky exposure (workout policy and Cure procedures, Collection strategy etc.) specifically for Fleet and daily rental exposures.
o Design and enhance Covenant criteria – including but not limited to risk based covenant design, criteria manipulation pre-requisites and review schedule.
o Assists in the development of training tools for staff and field competencies in financial analysis and fleet operations.
Reporting & Project Management
• Provide risk analytics for the credit lifecycle of each Fleet/Independent Leasing Company/Daily Rental exposure in the portfolio. This includes in-depth analytics, designing and monitoring key metrics, and execution of risk mitigating strategies.
• Prepare position papers outlining risks and rewards for approval by senior management
• Maintain project schedules, task details, and coordinate efforts and deliverables with associates in department projects. Develop and maintain relevant support documentation.
Knowledge and Skills
o Solid understanding of Fleet, independent lease and Daily rental Operations and structured finance and financial statement analysis
o Sound understanding of macro and micro factors that impact commercial businesses
o Ability to work on multiple projects and attention to details and timeline
o Demonstrate strong presentation skills and ability to work across teams and manage relationships
Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Business
• Strong PC skills
• Seven (7) or more years of relevant experience in Risk Management area within Commercial Financial Services; Automotive Finance industry background preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Condition
Employees in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in an office environment
Hyundai is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.