Research Analyst - San Diego
A San Diego-based wealth management firm is searching for a Research Analyst to join the firm in their corporate office. He/she will be responsible for assembling and reviewing data to conduct in-depth, comprehensive analysis in order to make effective, educated assessments and recommendations. This individual will also participate in the development and management of model portfolios to suit the firm’s clientele.
It will be the responsibility of the chosen candidate to review and reconcile data gathered for quarterly and semiannual/annual client reports. Exceptional attention to detail, affinity and desire to work with technical data (numbers) is a must. Upon demonstration of understanding and mastering client reporting, increased responsibilities will be awarded. These include monitoring and working with external managers and research providers to the firm, preparing (assist in the preparation) of client performance reports and attendance as an intelligent, thought partner at client meetings. The candidate must have strong analytical skills, written communications skills and a proven ability to interface with both clients and investment managers.
• Conduct research and selection of individual securities and investment managers that are held within the firm’s model portfolios.
• Responsible for the day-to-day servicing of client accounts and play a valuable role in the manager
• Analyze client portfolios, produce asset allocation reports, investment policy statements, and
• Involved in client communications and assist the client with manager transitions and operational
• Screen/research/evaluate/recommend investment ideas that meet investment objectives.
• Confirm data integrity and perform analysis to identify trends.
• Author written research reports and participate in ad hoc projects as necessary.
• Consistently study market trends and prepare assessment-based reports on the impact that economic and market conditions have on the performance of both portfolio and non-portfolio companies.
Competencies and attributes:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in an investment research role and client service/interface a plus.
• History of excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and solid judgment.
• Experience working with investment-oriented database and analytical software.
• A bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
• CFA designation is preferred.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org