Compensation: Base $100K-$135K with Bonus of 25%
As the firm operates within an open-architecture platform, this position will be responsible for performing ongoing due diligence on all recommended investment strategies on the firm’s Wealth Advisory Platform. The candidate will be responsible for recommending new investment strategies and managers for the platform. In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for monitoring all platform strategies and provide quarterly updates to the firm’s Wealth Advisory Investment Committee and the advisors.
Further, while working with the firm's Chief Investment Officer (CIO), the candidate would be responsible for developing content to be used by the firm's advisors as to the company's outlook on the economy and capital markets. The candidate will also be working with the firm's CIO to design the firm's Wealth Advisory Asset Allocation models, providing research and analysis on asset allocation inputs.
The candidate is expected to participate in client and prospective meetings with the firm's advisors, as needed, to communicate the firm's capital market views and provide information regarding the firm's due diligence process.
The Director, Manager Research & Investment Solutions will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
· Apply and evolve a disciplined set of tools/methodology for manager evaluation, selection and monitoring.
· Perform Continuing Due Diligence and monitoring on products on the firm's Wealth Advisory Platform.
· Conduct screening and due diligence on investment managers for inclusion on the firm's Wealth Advisory Platform.
· Research investment offerings to determine suitability for the firm's Wealth Advisory Platform.
· Monitor Asset Allocation performance.
· Assist in implementation, monitoring and rebalancing processes.
· Thematic Research as needed.
· Keep abreast of industry and economic developments, and apply that knowledge to the firm's investment recommendations and strategies.
· Produce written material and quarterly updates on the Wealth Advisory Platform, keeping the advisors updated on the strategies and the instruments used to implement them.
· Keep advisors apprised of platform offerings and developments; provide miscellaneous advisor education as needed.
· Coordinate and facilitate periodic Wealth Advisory Investment Committee meetings.
· Partner with the Wealth Advisors for proposal generation and ongoing client service efforts.
· Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders.
The Candidate will possess the following competencies and attributes:
- 5-10 years of related experience.
- Ability to assess the accuracy and relevancy of key portfolio data.
- Strong Microsoft Office/Excel spreadsheet capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiar with FactSet, Morningstar Direct, Asset Allocation and Style Analysis.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded professionals in a results-oriented, fast-paced and growing environment.
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and a strong work ethic.
- A bachelor’s degree required (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited college or university; CFA or MBA a plus