Located in Aliso Viejo, California, Preston Ventures is a privately held financial services firm, which provides structuring, advisory, asset management, acquisition, disposition, and corporate finance services to institutions and family offices. Some of the world’s largest private equity funds and hedge funds know us as proactive, data driven, and highly analytical. The partners organize institutional capital in conjunction with opportunities to invest principally in transactions where they can utilize their specialized market knowledge and expertise. Preston Ventures boasts a history of success through a variety of economic environments, changing business cycles, and asset classes.
This position focuses on providing analytics, statistical modeling, and support for strategy for multiple business lines. The position will require deep expertise and training in statistics and mathematics. Although some of the analytics are consistent month to month, the right candidate will need to operate independently and flexibly, identifying opportunities for additional analytics as well as quickly providing analytical models for ad hoc requests. The company is highly entrepreneurial, consistently evaluating different industries and markets for opportunities. Logical, linear thinking, and an ability to communicate rationale for analysis and defense of results will be important.
· Provide analysis in a quick-paced entrepreneurial environment
· Build financial and Monte Carlo models
· Present results in a professional manner, while communicating and defending methods and logic used
· Qualifications include a 4-year degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field.
· Graduate degree is highly desirable
· 2-5 years of analytic experience conducting quantitative analysis
· Extensive Microsoft Excel experience with functions (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, VBA macros, etc.)
· Ability to adjust to quick paced environment with dynamically changing priorities
· Proven ability to independently identify issues and develop solutions
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and thought leadership
· Comfortable working independently and in teams
· The successful candidate will have demonstrable analytic and project management skills