Responsibilities:Keeley Asset Management (Keeley) is a value-oriented registered investment advisor with approximately $5 billion dollars under management specializing in equities of small and medium-sized companies. Keeley offers mutual funds and separate accounts to institutional and individual clients.
Keeley is recruiting an international equity analyst to join its international value equity team in our Newport Beach, CA office. Responsibilities include fundamental analysis of foreign companies for consideration in the international equity strategies, monitoring of existing holdings, conducting business valuations, as well as communicating with clients and prospects. The analyst will be working in close collaboration with the portfolio manager and will be expected to conduct fundamental research and valuation work across different geographic regions and industries. This position presents an early stage opportunity to progress within the investment team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Natural curiosity, open minded and a desire to learn new concepts and ideas
- Understanding of and belief in the value investment philosophy and willingness to learn and adhere to the team’s proprietary investment process
- High degree of personal integrity, strong self-motivation, superior work ethics, and ability to work both independently and as a part of the team
- Ability for contrarian and independent thinking; conviction to defend his/her own and team’s ideas in front of the portfolio manager, consultants and clients
- An MBA with concentrations in finance and / or accounting and documented progress towards the Certified Financial Analyst designation
- 1 to 3 years of investment experience preferably working for a value-oriented equity investment management firm. A recent MBA graduate will also be considered depending on his/her passion for value investing and knowledge of the basics of corporate finance, accounting and investment analysis
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Interest and ability to travel, both within the US and overseas
- Knowledge of valuation techniques, including experience with HOLT and understanding of the EVA and ROIC concepts, and ability to apply them to real businesses is a plus
- Experience in conducting business and financial analysis of companies within different economic sectors and geographic regions (a multi-country generalist) is a strong plus