Title: Junior Accountant (Financial Services) (77-008)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
This position provides accounting and administrative support for the head of a Family Office and busy executive. Duties will include production of monthly financial reports and cash flows, management of portfolio performance spreadsheets and historical files and accounts payable & receivable, as well as special projects as needed. Independent judgment and flexibility is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload. This role will also work with family accountants located in Chicago office.
- Organize and maintain portfolio performance spreadsheets detailing monthly and year-to-date performance tracking of all investments in the family portfolios
- Organize and maintain consolidated binders detailing all investments, real estate and cash holdings in the family portfolio
- Bookkeeping: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash flow reports, bank reconciliations, and document collection during tax season.
- Assist Executive Assistant with filing systems as it relates to investment fund correspondence, capital statements and other investment documentation
- Reception: Assist other staff with answering and screening calls; greet visitors; sign for packages
- A minimum of an associate degree in a Business related field
- Two years of accounting and administrative experience in the financial services or investment industry
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge of Excel as it relates to building and maintaining performance spreadsheets.
- Strong math skills and highly accurate data entry skills
- Personal integrity; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong spirit of collaboration; self-starter with a good work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proficiency in Windows and 2010 Microsoft Office Outlook, Word & Excel and Quickbooks
If interested in this opening, please email your resume as an MS Word attachment to:
BCI - Financial Services Recruiting