Portfolio Associates must build solid internal relationships and partnerships with Portfolio Management and Account Management across the firm’s global offices. Additionally, the role frequently interacts with Product Management, Legal and Compliance, and Operations teams.
Portfolio Associates provide:
• Portfolio summaries
• Portfolio monitoring
• Performance and attribution analysis in addition to other requested analytics
• Allocation of daily cash management and funding activity
• Managing real-time cash forecasting as liaison between Cash Desk and PMs
• Creating reports for risk monitoring
• Monitoring client portfolios’ position weights and product versus client guidelines
• Interacting with Compliance Department
• Assisting in Account Transitions
• Re-balancing of portfolios to model/target weights
• Generating allocation studies across a set of mandates or products in accordance with investment guidelines and benchmarks
• Responding to ad-hoc requests from the Portfolio Management team
• 12 hour work day typical; 4am PT start time
• 1-3 years of experience; strong, relevant internship experience acceptable
• Fixed Income technical skills and experience in a buy or sell side trade room
• Strong relationship skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers
• Well-refined communications skills. Able to work and communicate flawlessly with experienced Portfolio Managers. Can articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to solve problems on a timely basis.
• Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high-pressure environment.
• Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization (especially with account managers) to resolve issues.
• Advanced abilities with Excel, SQL, business objects, and Bloomberg.
• Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record with concentration in math, science, finance, economics or other related quantitative/analytical field from a leading, accredited college or university.
*CLICK HERE TO APPLY*
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.