We are a $200 million AUM fast-growing financial planning firm in Seal Beach, CA. Due to our tremendous growth we are seeking a Financial Consultant to join our team. We are interested in you if you are pursuing the CFP® certification, have several years of experience, do not want to cold call for business, and are feeling trapped by lack of upward growth opportunities. Ideal candidates desire to be mentored by several senior advisors, work and meet with clients, and not be pressured to develop business.
Position Summary: This is a very challenging position that requires you to work closely with the Partners in all areas of the client engagement - plan development, plan recommendations, and plan implementation.
What you will do:· Complete Portfolio Update Calls per client service matrix.
· Attend various client and prospect meetings; take notes, develop list of action items.
· Implement action items resulting from meetings.
· Coordinate client situation with client's strategic alliances and manage overall implementation work flow.
· Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly client service standards are met.
· Prepare client deliverables including Investment Plan Summaries and Financial Strategy Action Plan.
· Review client account information including monthly and quarterly reports, , post-trade appraisals and other documentation for accuracy and strategy.
· Master our CRM software (ACT!) and own any projects associated with it.
· Work with Lumen Systems financial planning software to prepare final deliverable for plan presentation. Assist in our transition to Envision financial planning software.
· Participate in monthly Investment Policy Committee meetings with partners.
· Monitor and maintain model portfolios and Investment Solutions Databank.
· Provide mentoring and assistance to other team members to ensure high quality for ongoing team operations.
· Manage and develop legacy clients.
What you will learn:· How all aspects of a small for-profit business come together to serve clients.
· How we approach financial planning and investment management and provide concierge service to our clients.
· How to use Smart Station, Lumen Systems, and Envision Software to produce financial projections.
· How to assess a client situation, develop preliminary recommendations, and deliver them to high-net-worth clientele.
· How to ask the right questions at the right time and listen at the appropriate time.
Candidates that are successful in this position should display the following characteristics::· Positive attitude is a must!
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years experience in financial services.
· Pursuing CFP® certification.
· Series 7 & 66 registrations and life insurance license.
· Demonstrate above-average oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously and to prioritize those functions to meet the clients' needs.
· Reliable; arrive on time and consistently.
· Personable and outgoing; able to form good rapport with others quickly.
· Live for the details, but understand that you will have to make assumptions at various times, and must move on to meet deadlines. Demonstrate problem-solving skills. Loathe rote memorization, regurgitation, and being spoon-fed.
Compensation and other benefits:· Cash compensation estimated to be $55-75k/yr depending on the quality and experience of the person.
· Group Health, Disability and Life insurance
· 401(k) with company match and profit sharing
· Paid securities licensing fees and state registrations
· Mentorship and Learning Opportunities
To apply for this position please submit information to email@example.com or www.newplannerrecruiting.com