Department: Capital Markets Group (financial products distribution)
Functional Area: Product Management
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Position DescriptionKBS seeks to expand its product management department within the Capital Markets Group. This department oversees the internal communication of investment strategies to the KBS sales team and also facilitates due diligence on non-traded REITs sponsored by KBS. All research and due diligence functions of this department aim to further the overall sales efforts of KBS Capital Markets Group. The Product Analyst will work very closely with and directly support the Director of Products and Due Diligence. Additionally, the role will frequently interact with internal and external wholesalers, national accounts managers, legal and compliance, reporting, and fund accounting teams.
· Supporting and assisting all research efforts conducted by Capital Markets Group for the furthering of sales within sponsored products
· Monitoring portfolio activity and all SEC filings of KBS products
· Analyzing portfolio strategies and characteristics in the context of broader investment themes
· Distilling complex financial information into user-friendly presentation formats
· Summarizing portfolio information into summary “talking points”
· Monitoring competitive environment and reporting newsworthy items to management and sales team
· Supporting all due diligence efforts, including completion of RFI/RFQ/questionnaires, sending requested files to BDs, consultants, and research firms, maintaining prospectus-based information databases
· Monitoring prospectus and supplement changes and reporting to National Accounts and RVPs/ISAs as needed
· Completing ad hoc projects that constantly arise
· Strong research, communication, time management, and organizational skills
· Experience with non-traded REITs, commercial real estate investment management, and independent broker-dealer distribution of alternative investments
· Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and verbally
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office applications in general is required. Experience with other industry query systems and research platforms (Real Capital Analytics, Bloomberg, Morningstar Document Research, SEC filings, CoStar) is desired.
· Undergraduate degree with preferred major in business, marketing, finance, statistics, or accounting
· Progress toward the CFA charter a plus
· Have 2-5 years experience in non-traded REITs, investment banking, commercial real estate investment management, financial services, or related fields and have a passion to grow in the industry.
· Be a self-starter who is highly resourceful and able to manage and prioritize many tasks and projects simultaneously.
KBS Capital Markets Group serves as the exclusive investment product distribution arm of KBS, ranked the fifth largest owner of office property in the world as of October 2014. Since inception in 2006, KBS Capital Markets group has raised over $5.3 billion in equity for six non-traded real estate investment trusts sponsored by KBS. As of June 30, 2014, total assets under management for KBS were $8.3 billion.
KBS offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance, long term disability, paid time off, holidays, and a 401(k). We also offer voluntary benefits such as flexible spending and vision care. KBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only.