We are a $400 million AUM fee-only wealth management firm in Newport Beach, CA. We were founded in 1976 as one of the first fee-only RIAs formed in California. To help support our continued growth, we seek an Associate Financial Advisor to join our team. We are interested in you if you are in a CFP board registered financial planning program, seek to work with clients immediately as part of the existing advisory team, desire to be mentored by several senior advisors, and learn the business from the ground up. Sourcing clients may become an opportunity over time, but is not an expectation of this position.Position Summary: This is a challenging position that requires you to work closely with the firm's partners and other firm advisors to provide day to day financial planning support to clients and prospects.
What you will do:· Work with the team to develop meeting agendas and prepare for client meetings.
· Prepare for initial prospect meetings.
· Attend various client and prospect meetings; take notes, operate software programs, and develop list of action items.
· Implement and proactively follow up on action items resulting from meetings.
· Coordinate client situation with client's strategic alliances and manage overall implementation work flow.
· Work closely with Operations Manager and Admin Staff for coordination and review of client account paperwork and custodian related account and service activities.
· Master our Redtail CRM software and own any projects associated with it.
· Prepare analyses and develop plans in MoneyGuidePro software and present findings and recommendations to the firm's Lead Financial Advisors.
· Assist with client appreciation and/or client prospecting events.
· Substantially impact our growing firm by protecting and caring for the financial lives of the clients we serve.
What you will learn:· How all aspects of a small for-profit business come together to serve clients.
· How we approach financial planning and investment management and provide service to our clients.
· How to use MoneyGuidePro and Tamarac Advisor View to produce financial reports.
· How to assess a client situation, develop preliminary recommendations, and at some point deliver them to high net worth clientele.
· How to ask the right questions at the right time and listen at the appropriate time.
Candidates that are successful in this position generally have these characteristics:· Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning; Master’s preferred
· Must plan to sit for the CFP® exam within the next 12 months.
· Demonstrate above-average oral and written communication skills.
· Live for the details, but understand that you will have to make assumptions at various times and must move on to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrate above average organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously and to prioritize those functions to meet the clients’ needs.
· Demonstrate problem solving skills. Loathe rote memorization, regurgitation, and being spoon fed.
Compensation and other benefits:
· Competitive salary and incentive bonus plan.
· 401k and profit sharing plan.
· Medical Benefits.
· Company Paid Holidays.
· CFP Exam reimbursement upon passing the exam.
· Paid training and professional memberships.
· Personal mentorship by firm partners.
To apply for this position please submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org or www.newplannerrecruiting.com
Note: This posting expire June 21, 2015