This opening is valid until 6/15/2015
We are a growing, fee-only independent wealth management firm located in San Jose, CA. We seek to add a permanent member to our team. You will be an important part of our
success, working closely with experienced professionals to deliver personal financial services to
individuals and families. In order to give broad exposure to our business, the Associate Wealth
Advisor will be responsible for some or all of the following items at increasing levels of
· Entering client personal financial data into financial planning software, preparing financial planning scenarios, preparing financial plan updates and preparing complete financial plans.
· Documenting client investment considerations and portfolio selections in Investment Policy Statements.
· Working alongside senior professionals to develop client investment recommendations using our standard methodology.
· Preparing income tax projections and capital gains/loss and other tax analyses.
· Creating, processing and tracking status of new investment account applications and asset transfers.
· Assisting in portfolio rebalancing and trading operations, portfolio reconciliation and production of client investment performance reports.
· Maintaining client information in software systems (contact manager, billing, portfolio management, tax, financial planning).
· Establishing and maintaining client files, both in paper form and on computer server.
· Creating and managing client and advisor task lists.
· Preparing information for client meetings.
· Preparing and assembling client deliverables such as financial plans, investment plans, investment performance reports, etc.
· Attending and contributing to client meetings, initially recording key information and action items and later presenting analyses and making recommendations to clients at increasing levels of sophistication and complexity.
· Leading meetings for own and assigned clients relationships alongside senior professionals.
· Attending networking events and building a professional referral network (“Center of Influence” or COI network).
· Preparing letters and proposals for prospective clients.
· Answering inbound telephone calls from clients, prospective clients, partners (CPAs, attorneys, investment managers, custodians), telemarketers and others.
Qualifications:· Complete honesty and personal integrity are essential.
· Successful completion of FINRA Series 65 examination (Uniform Investment Adviser Law) within three months of start date.
· Pursuing Certified Financial PlannerTM designation.
· Personable, with positive outlook on life.
· Professional demeanor and appearance.
· Comfortable with diverse personalities.
· Ability to work under general guidance to accomplish assigned tasks and responsibilities.
· Ability to maintain focus and effort-level during busy periods.
· Organized and detail oriented, with excellent follow-up.
· Accurate in data entry tasks.
· Well above average skill set with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:· Undergraduate degree required.
· Previous experience in the financial services industry or with personal financial topics helpful, but not required. This is an entry level position in which you will be trained and mentored by experienced professionals who are committed to your success.
Compensation and other benefits:
· Competitive salary and incentive bonus plan.
· Medical, dental and vision health plans.
· 401(k) retirement plan.
· A complete first year client service package including financial planning, tax planning and investment counseling are offered as both a benefit and training exercise.
To apply for this position please submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org or