Director of Investment Risk Management, Pacific Life Insurance Company - Orange County
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Director of Investment Risk Management to join the Corporate Division in Newport Beach. The Corporate Division supports the goals and initiatives of all other divisions throughout the company and its subsidiaries.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Pacific Life Fund Advisors ('PLFA') serves as advisor to more than $50 billion of asset under management. The asset allocation team within PLFA provides asset allocation and investment management services. This includes the management of approximately $40 billion of asset allocation products. The Director of Investment Risk Management will be a key contributor to the success of the asset allocation team's products and initiatives which require the following:
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the management of the investment risk and analytics function for the Pacific Select Fund and Pacific Life Funds with a particular emphasis on the products and strategies managed by PLFA. This includes the following:
• Manage the IRM team in compliance with all corporate, human resources, and regulatory guidelines. Specific focus of this role to foster an environment that offers challenging work and accountability for the employees so that they can meet their objectives and expand their responsibilities.
• Oversee the quarterly reporting to the Board of Trustees of the Pacific Select Fund and Pacific Life Funds on topics including performance, risk, fees and other items required to support the Fund Board’s needs.
• Build upon and manage the existing infrastructure, framework, and process necessary to oversee the risk and performance evaluation of the asset allocation, thematic and standalone portfolios comprising the Pacific Select Fund and Pacific Life Funds.
• Build upon and manage the portfolio construction process utilized for both current and future strategies managed by PFLA.
• Serve as a key contributor to the development and evaluation of asset allocation, manager selection, and product development recommendations related to PLFA managed products.
• Support the compliance, legal and operational responsibilities of the Funds.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS: o Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred. FRM or CFA preferred.
o At least 10 years of relevant investment risk management experience relating to asset allocation and portfolio construction.
• Demonstrated conviction, integrity, leadership and management ability in a complex and dynamic organization.
• Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills, and excellent oral and written communication
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans and execute projects independently, with realistic timelines, while adjusting to changing environments.
o Knowledge of a wide array of asset classes, investment management styles, asset allocation techniques, and investment products.
o Robust knowledge of risk management systems, derivatives, and control processes.
*Interested candidates should apply online:www.pacificlife.com