Summary: Senior Trader will work within the trading department of a growing investment advisor; focused on executing fixed income, equities and mutual fund trades. He or she will also assist Investment Committee on specific research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Employee is responsible for adherence to all compliance programs and the completion of all required and assigned training by established due dates.
· Trading wrap program accounts - (mutual funds and equities) for a large number of accounts, organizing blocks and entering orders for portfolio positioning, complete analysis and resolution of special account trading situations.
· Bond trading and market surveillance – monitor the market and communicate factors that impact portfolio’s buy/sell decisions. This includes understanding economic fundamentals, supply and demand dynamics, seasonal events and technical factors that drive the market.
· Portfolio construction – analyze, propose and execute trades and portfolio monitoring – track portfolio’s for proper structure, sector weightings and duration.
· Processing aftermarket trading procedures - reconciliation across multiple trading platforms, contra-brokers, and custodians.
· Facilitate, articulate, and communicate the firm's investment philosophy, outlook, and rationale for asset allocation
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong quantitative background
· Excellent attention to detail
· Entrepreneurial attitude
· Strong work ethic
· Passion for financial markets
· Proficiency with Excel
· Ability to function as a member of a team and stay focused under pressure
· Ability to assess the accuracy and relevancy of key portfolio data and organizes and prioritizes workload in order to manage time and perform multiple tasks.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree required (Engineering, Math, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, Business or related field)
· 2-5 years of related experience
· Interest/Progress in CFA program preferred
· Computer programming experience
To apply, contact Nancie Nguyen, First Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send an email with “Senior Trader” and the recruitment source in the subject line
Internal Number: FFA312