Summary: This position reports to the Treasurer and is responsible for Asset / Liability Management (ALM) modeling and analytics, scenario analysis and management reporting.
- Responsible for the production and analysis of Asset / Liability Management (ALM) models using Ambit (Bancware).
- Prepare Net Interest Income (NII) forecasts and calculate Economic Value of Equity (EVE) evaluating the Bank’s interest rate risk profile.
- Calculate current and forecasted Liquidity positions and run various simulations and stress tests.
- Analyze results, recommend balance sheet strategies and perform what-if analysis. Prepare and evaluate findings to be reported to the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO).
- Execute the maintenance and enhancement of tools and techniques used to support the ALM modeling process.
- Develop, maintain, test and document all critical modeling assumptions in support of the ALM process.
- Perform loan prepayment analysis and forecast prepayment speeds.
- Evaluate loan and investment cash flow in various interest rate environments.
- Perform a variety of behavioral analytics on deposit balances including core deposit analysis, non-maturity deposit behavior and rate sensitivity studies.
- Prepare, analyze and manage large data sets involving deposit and loan data for statistical analysis.
- Interact with management and various lines of business as needed to gather information and prepare assumptions.
- Produce and maintain monthly ALCO reporting package to be presented to senior management, meeting regular timetables and deadlines.
- Recommend changes that enhance the reporting package and process.
- Develop detailed documentation of processes and procedures related to model construction and maintenance.
- Gather and maintain financial market data including historical interest rates and key economic indicators.
- Maintain daily loan pricing, benchmarking tools and market reports for internal distribution.
- Participate in the annual budgeting and ongoing strategic planning process.
- Contribute to preparation of ALCO policies.
- Provide support on regulatory and audit requests.
- Adherence to all compliance programs, including but not limited to, completion of all required and assigned training modules by established due dates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of bank treasury/finance experience.
- Understanding of a bank’s individual balance sheet components and cash-flow dynamics
- Familiarity with product structures and financial instruments offered by banks.
- Strong knowledge of balance sheet and cash-flow modeling techniques.
- Proficiency with interest rate risk modeling software; experience with Ambit (Bancware) preferred.
- Experience with financial databases and query tools; Hyperion experience highly desirable.
- Understanding of Liquidity management tools and regulatory environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; intermediate Microsoft Word skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and produce results using multiple sources of information within short timelines.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically, highly-driven, flexible and self-motivated.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Please go to Opus's website to apply: www.opusbank.com