Title: Analyst – Manager ResearchLocation Newport Beach, CA
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join Beacon Pointe Advisors as an Analyst – Manager Research in our Newport Beach, California office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing manager research support to the firm’s Beacon Pointe Wealth Advisors partners. The Analyst will join a talented and experienced team of manager research professionals and will assist in all aspects of the firm’s manager research process. The Analyst will also work closely with several other Beacon Pointe offices, where teams of wealth management and client service professionals are dedicated to servicing sophisticated high net worth individuals and their families.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:· Serving as a liaison between Beacon Pointe’s research team and Beacon Pointe Wealth Advisors offices.
· Assisting in the transition of new advisors or teams joining the Beacon Pointe Wealth Advisors family of companies to our shared investment platform.
· Developing a thorough understanding of investment strategies across different asset classes; generating research reports using both quantitative analytics and qualitative/critical thinking tools.
· Fielding requests for manager due diligence from Beacon Pointe Wealth Advisors partners and coordinating all the steps in the subsequent research review process.
· Conducting research meetings and conference calls with investment managers that are being considered or have already been approved by Beacon Pointe.
· Supporting Beacon Pointe’s ongoing manager monitoring process; maintaining and updating the firm’s internal manager research files.
· Generating collateral materials for manager searches, client presentations, or prospect proposals, as needed.
· Collaborating with the firm’s research professionals on various research projects and white papers.
· Frequently communicating with investment managers and internal associates, both verbally and in writing.
Qualifications· Four-year college degree (Bachelors degree in Finance, Business or Economics preferred); advance degreed is a plus.
· 2-3 years of experience at an investment consulting, investment management, or wealth advisory firm is preferred.
· Analytical aptitude and an interest in investment research (progress towards the CFA® designation preferred.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (submission of a writing sample along with the resume is a plus.)
· Strong organization and interpersonal skills; attention to detail.
· Willingness to travel occasionally on business.
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team environment.
· Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications is a must.
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their resume to Ellie Chizmarova at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About the Beacon Pointe AdvisorsBeacon Pointe Holdings, LLC is one of the largest independent Registered Investment Advisory firms (RIAs) in the United States working with both private and institutional clients, overseeing approximately $8+ billion in assets under management (as of 12/31/2014). We are independent and 100% employee-owned. We provide clear, objective investment advice to our clients - our clients' goals and needs are our goals and needs - they are one and the same. For more information on Beacon Pointe Advisors, please visit www.bpadvisors.com.