THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED - PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT: Associate Wealth Manager - Redwood City, CAWe are a fee-only RIA located in Redwood City, CA seeking an Associate Wealth Manager to join our growing team. We are a fast-growing, entrepreneurial firm with a passion for client service. Our work environment is warm and supportive. We believe in nurturing strong teams internally and in cultivating deep and meaningful relationships with our clients. As our new Associate Wealth Manager, you will have the opportunity to learn directly from the company’s Founder. From the beginning, you will collaborate with other team members in serving a wide variety of individuals. We envision that you will eventually lead the service team for a defined group of clients yourself.
We do not expect you to bring a pre-existing book of business. Yet we are looking for a team member who is excited at the prospect of contributing to the growth and success of our business. Your contribution can depend on your strengths and interests, but we are definitely not a “business-as-usual” firm. Are you excited by the opportunity to help cultivate new client relationships? Or would your talents be better suited to defining and driving internal initiatives aimed at service innovation or process efficiency? Whatever your strengths and passions, we will expect you to bring them to work every day.
Your personal and professional development is important to us, yet your path is not preordained. It will depend on your own priorities, on our ability to create and leverage business opportunities, and on the development of our overall team. This is an opportunity to help shape the future of our firm as well as your own career.
Position OverviewWe seek an Associate Wealth Manager for our fee-only wealth management firm (RIA) located in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are you a CFP® Certificant with several years of experience, but feel like your current situation isn’t a good cultural fit or doesn’t offer the kind of career development opportunities that you’re ready for, we would like to talk to you.
Initial Key Areas of Responsibilities:· Elicit and clarify client needs and goals.
· Collaborate with client team to prepare client meeting materials, including meeting agendas and presentations. Participate in client meetings.
· Manage meeting follow up, including coordination of internal and external resources, to ensure completion of all outstanding tasks.
· Create and update financial plans (both cash-flow based and goal-based). Participate in the development and execution of recommended strategies.
· Analyze and recommend solutions to specific client needs and issues, such as Social Security timing, college funding requirements, insurance needs, etc.
· Review and analyze client tax returns and estate planning documents.
· Managing day-to-day communications for assigned clients, including through and timely outreach and follow-up.
· Actively participate in the firm’s business development efforts. Work to build a referral network.
· Lead chosen firm-wide initiatives in client-acquisition, service design & delivery, or process optimization, as may be appropriate.
· A bachelor’s degree is required. A graduate degree is desirable, preferably in a related field such as business, accounting, economics, etc.
· Three to five years’ client-facing experience in comprehensive personal financial planning.
· Certified Financial Planner® designation is required.
· A demonstrated understanding of retirement planning, estate planning, executive compensation, income taxation, company stock compensation, and risk management strategies.
· Proficiency in widely-used software tools (both generic and financial planning specific) plus a willingness to learn to use additional tools.
· An international background or interest is a plus.
· Empathy and great active listening skills.
· The ability to think clearly, communicate succinctly, and write well.
· A strong team orientation. A willingness to help other team members grow.
· Solid personal and professional judgment.
· Openness to new ideas, new people, and new approaches to solving problems.
· Drive and grit in overcoming obstacles.
Benefits:· Competitive compensation depending on experience.
· A bonus program based on company success.
· A 401 (k) retirement plan with matching contributions.
· The possibility of a flexible work schedule.
· An open – ended vacation policy.
· A fun and friendly team of colleagues.
To apply, submit information to email@example.com or www.newplannerrecruiting.com