Software Developer, Overland Advisors - San Francisco
Overland Advisors is an absolute return investment firm based in San
Francisco that focuses on monetizing relative value mispricings across
multiple asset classes.
Advisors is looking to hire a Software Developer to help build and
support advanced custom applications that enhance our research and
trading initiatives. We’re looking for a fast learner who is eager to
explore new technologies and become an integral part of our systems
team. The candidate will be in charge of maintaining a large part of our
technology infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to have a large
impact on the systems of a hedge fund with in excess of $3 billion of
assets across various security types, while learning about the
quantitative processes used in a relative value trading strategy.
Working directly with portfolio managers to improve and maintain
the front-end interfaces of our applications, including the optimization
of our data access and graphical user interfaces.
• Supporting and extending proprietary internal financial analytics tools.
• Generating custom management and investor reports to track the portfolio performance.
• Integrating our applications with third-party APIs (Bloomberg, Capital IQ, internal models).
• Managing our code releases.
• Working with Middle Office personnel in constantly improving our business process automation and data validation.
• Experience with .NET and a modern programming language (C#, C++, Java), especially Windows forms, WPF and Linq.
• Excellent debugging skills.
• Some exposure to relational database architecture and SQL.
• Working knowledge of XML.
Familiarity with code management software (CVS, Clearcase,
Subversion) and an integrated development environment (VisualStudio,
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree.
• Disciplined and organized coding style and excellent communication skills.
Compensation will be competitive based on experience.
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com