364 views of this job
22 people have applied to this job
Last application 24 Sep 15
The Product Consultant position is a key role within the iShares Global Markets & Investments Group, with responsibility for delivering investment and product expertise to financial professionals within the U.S. Wealth Advisory business. The successful candidate will serve as a technical expert on the iShares product suite, craft competitive, bespoke product analyses for clients and help them understand how to best use iShares ETFs. In leveraging investment expertise, product knowledge and various investment systems, the Product Consultant is an important partner in winning new business and/or deepening large existing relationships collaboratively with the sales teams.
- Respond to client product assessment requests by crafting robust, customized analyses and articulating relevant insights. Types of requests include, but are not limited to, detailed single or multiple fund comparative analyses such as returns based style analysis, holdings analysis, and risk and return attribution.
- Assist in coverage of the inbound iShares Product Hotline for internal partners across BlackRock
- Providing remote and in-field support to the sales and distribution teams in client meetings, roadshow events, and conference speaking engagements. This may require some travel.
- Proactively disseminate investment and product knowledge throughout the sales and marketing teams and other critical areas.
- Evolve the project workflow and increase overall team efficiency by proactively recommending enhancements that may leverage existing software and software vendors.
- Continually expand and deepen investment, industry and iShares product knowledge base. Stay abreast of current market environment and the latest relevant investment research
- BA/BS degree required. Masters, or progress toward, preferred.
- CFA, CAIA, FRM, or progress toward, preferred.
- 4+ years of direct industry experience, including strong investment management knowledge and proven client facing capability.
- ETF product familiarity and direct industry experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills are a must. Hands-on experience with MPI Stylus/Allocator, Morningstar Direct, Zephyr Analytics, Barclays Live, Bloomberg or similar systems required.
- Interest in and aptitude for learning and practically applying analytical software to client projects.
- High level of self-motivation, with strong integrity & ethics.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written along with significant client facing (investment consulting / strategy / sales) experience.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically/horizontally and across functionally / geographically disperse teams in a fast paced environment.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
To apply: go to www.Blackrock.com or https://blackrock.taleo.net/careersection/br_2nd_pass_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=152176&lang=en&media_id=32121&src=eFC