Position Title: Investment Associate
Reports to: VP of Acquisitions and SVP of Asset Management
Sabra Health Care REIT, Inc., is a self-administered, self-managed health care real estate investment trust (“REIT”) that invests in the United States and Canada. As of March 31, 2016, Sabra’s investment portfolio included 178 real estate properties held for investment and leased to operators/tenants under triple-net lease agreements (consisting of (i) 102 Skilled Nursing/Transitional Care facilities, (ii) 75 Senior Housing facilities, and (iii) one Acute Care Hospital), one asset held for sale, 17 investments in loans receivable (consisting of (i) eight mortgage loans, (ii) four construction loans, (iii) one mezzanine loan, and (iv) three pre-development loans) and (v) one debtor-in-possession loan ("DIP")), and 10 preferred equity investments. Included in the 178 real estate properties held for investment are two 100% owned Senior Housing facilities leased through RIDEA-compliant structures. As of March 31, 2016, Sabra’s real estate properties held for investment included 18,332 beds/units, spread across the United States and Canada.
- Monitor, maintain, and review acquisition transaction pipeline
- Underwrite and model cash flows for potential acquisitions
- Participate in the negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, leases, and debt agreements.
- Perform financial due diligence once a property is under contract, including assisting in audits to verify pro-forma assumptions
- Maintain deal and market information files
- Support outside parties with due diligence items related to investments being disposed
- Manage and analyze Sabra’s financial and asset management databases and data visualization platform with help from outside consultants.
- Collaborate with members of the acquisitions, asset management and finance groups on enhancements to data visualization platform
- Prepare and help present quarterly asset related analyses and reports to upper management
- Monitor compliance with leases and loans with the Company’s tenants and borrowers, respectively
- Provide support to Asset Managers and Senior Management in updating asset management analyses and reports, coordinating tenant information requests, etc.
- Review of financial statements of investments (P/L, Balance sheet, cash flow statements, proformas) to identify trends or potential areas of concern
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, with an emphasis in finance a plus;
· Ability to meet tight timeframes and deadlines while working independently with little supervision
· Ability to read, interpret and analyze investment-related documents (e.g., purchase and sale agreements, lease agreements, etc.)
· Extremely high attention to details and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and take on new responsibilities
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite required, SAP Business Objects and MRI a plus)
· Experience with ERP systems a plus, such as SAP Business Objects, Hyperion or Cognos;
· Ability to work in a non-hierarchical, collaborative, results oriented environment
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Self disciplined in performing job tasks
· Ability to interact/build collaborative relationships with tenants and operators
Michael Costa, Senior Vice President – Finance and Controller