Job ID 2015-1042
The incumbent will support and be mentored by multiple senior Equity Research Analysts. Responsibilities include compiling data and formulating analysis and opinions to be used in buy/sell/hold recommendations. Specific tasks include financial model building and updating, competitive analysis, market research, and company research. Candidate must be knowledgeable and proficient in working with financial statements and have the ability to construct income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow.
Career growth potential and opportunity to take on additional responsibilities for Associate Analysts demonstrating superior level of achievement.
- Develop financial models to forecast growth and profitability opportunities for publicly traded equity investments. This includes financial statement analysis, historical and projected, profitability metrics, margin analysis, and various ratio analyses. Perform valuation analysis such as discounted cash flow analysis, dividend discount models, and other valuation calculations including, but not limited to, earnings, sales, cash flow and tangible book.
- Assist Analysts with compilation and evaluation of all relevant research and information pertaining to equity investment ideas, their respective markets and their competitors, customers, suppliers and any other entities which might have a meaningful impact on a company’s financial outcomes. Relevant research and information comes from a variety of sources including company filings and meetings with company management, sell-side and independent research firms, financial news sources and government and industry organizations.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of financial models, analyses and archives. Provide summary of earnings conference calls to Analysts to assist in evaluating recent company performance. Disseminate information to internal departments as applicable.
- Strong academic credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling and analysis
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong interest in stock analysis
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office, with particular expertise in Excel & Powerpoint
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- 1-3 years of related investment experience
- Knowledge of and experience using Factset and Bloomberg
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial markets
- Progress towards CFA Level 1 or better a strong plus
To apply: https://careers-tcw.icims.com/jobs/1042/associate-analyst/job