Aristotle Capital Management, LLC is an independent primarily employee-owned investment advisor with offices in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. Our clients include institutional and high net worth individuals. Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our firm.
We seek an Investment Performance Analyst to join the Compliance team. This position will be
responsible for working with the team to monitor the calculation of account and composite returns. The role
will also include assisting with the reconciliation and resolution of performance discrepancies; analyzing and
interpreting data; identifying trends; and seeking opportunities for improvement and enhanced reporting.
The position will report to the Director of Compliance.
Principal Job Functions Include (but not limited to):
- Analyze portfolio and composite performance on a daily basis; work with Operations team to resolve issues timely.
- Maintain composites and all associated processes in accordance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) and internal Policies and Procedures.
- Manage the monthly performance validation process by reviewing and confirming security and portfolio performance.
- Analyze error logs generated by portfolio performance systems; troubleshoot and correct performance discrepancies as needed.
- Research and provide explanations on reconciling items and/or system issues related to performance measurement; propose improvements and solutions to prevent new issues.
- Create ad-hoc and periodic analytical, performance and attribution reporting as requested.
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency within performance calculation and measurement process internally and document procedures.
- Participate in the GIPS verification process.
- Provide assistance on special projects.
Job Related Qualifications:
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Working knowledge of GIPS and investment performance concepts strongly preferred.
- Experience working with security data across financial markets, including equities and fixed income.
- Advanced problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- Experience with Advent portfolio accounting systems (APX and/or Geneva) preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to multi-task; self-motivated and team oriented professional.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and software.
- Strong communication skills and proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications)
Education: Four-year Undergraduate Degree from accredited college or university.
Work Experience: Minimum two (2) years of performance measurement and reporting experience for an investment management firm.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns:
Mental & Sensory Activity Required: Must be able to quickly absorb relevant knowledge as it relates to assigned projects.
Work Area Hazards & Equipment: Minimal. Use of standard office equipment - computer, internet, printer, photocopy machine, fax machine, phone unit, etc.
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion. Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
No phone calls. Relocation expenses not provided.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, and Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about each adviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.