Finance & Investment Analyst, The San Diego Foundation - San Diego
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance & Investment Analyst to join our financial team. The position will provide analyst-level resources within the Finance & Accounting (F&A) Department.
Essential duties and principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Finance & Accounting (under direction of CFO and Controller)
- Provide budgetary, organizational, and operational services to the F&A Department.
- Research, compile, and prepare financial and accounting data for internal studies and/or board materials.
- Assist the annual budgeting processes, including the use of budget-related software applications.
- Analyze monthly budget vs. actual reporting and estimate future organizational
- Develop reports, spreadsheets, tables, and grids to summarize and present dashboard information (KPI-key performance indicators) or satisfy other business intelligence requests.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and statistics necessary to benchmark F&A team goals.
- Coordinate submission of website updates for F&A sections of TSDF web pages for posting.
- Take lead on special projects, as assigned.
- Assist in preparing materials and presentations in preparation for staff meetings; Leadership Team meetings; and Board of Governors and Executive, Finance, and Audit Committee meetings.
Investments (under direction of CIO)
- Monitor each investment portfolio’s adherence to the Investment Policy Statement by conducting onsite meetings or conference calls.
- Monitor the portfolio’s investment managers’ performance and positioning on a regular basis through meetings and conference calls.
- Lead investment rebalancing for all TSDF’s investment portfolios.
- Monitor the cash position(s) across all investment portfolios to ensure adequate investment funding (capital calls)
- Assist in annual audit process by providing support to CIO and Controller.
- Take the lead on special investment-oriented assignments.
- Become the in-house expert in third party investment software.
- Conduct manager due diligence on prospective investment managers.
- Update manager account information and new account set-up.
- Maintain, monitor and rebalance broker-managed accounts.
- Assist in preparing materials and presentations in preparation for staff meetings; Leadership Team meetings; and Investment Committee meetings.
- Minimum of three to five years professional business experience; previous investment experience necessary
- Strong diplomatic and communication skills, with the ability to develop buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders; ability to develop effective working relationships with all colleagues, external constituencies, and decision makers
- Work with and effectively manage information of a confidential nature requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Demonstrated track record in developing and utilizing organizational systems with attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness and record keeping
- Experience with developing and maintaining budgets
- Experience with financial modeling & forecasting
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Teamwork, self-motivation, a proactive approach to work, flexibility, and exceptional interpersonal skills are essential
- High initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work independently and successfully organize, prioritize and implement multiple projects, and meet deliverables and timelines in a fast-paced work environment
- Regularly takes initiative to recognize and anticipate problems, and clearly communicate possible solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in process improvements
- Computer skills: Expert proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and database entry and management as well as exporting and report generation
- Bachelor’s degree required; business administration, finance or accounting helpful
Qualified applicants please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter and resume
- Salary requirements
- Indicate in subject line: Finance Investment Analyst