Originate brings together world-class product managers, software engineers, and designers to create groundbreaking digital products for our partners. As a Finance Engineer at Originate, you will provide deep domain expertise and hand’s-on data analysis with our FinTech partners to develop next generation financial products and software. You will be providing the critical, central hub between project team members, our FinTech partners, and Originate executive management.
- Our success is built upon our amazing team. You will work with smart, creative, and humble people that are passionate about creating products that meet customer needs and solving problems through collaboration and innovative thinking.
- We employ the latest innovations in technology to solve challenging problems in a variety of industries. You will be tasked with learning new skillsets required for designing and building products in rapidly changing fields, such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and Virtual Reality.
- We believe in partnership and the power of shared outcomes. Through our Profit Sharing Program, you can share in 50% of Originate’s global profit.
- We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy.
We seek a Financial Engineer based in Irvine to assist our efforts in building out our Quantitative Solutions efforts for our growing OC office.
Key mandates can be summarized as follows:
1. Provide deep financial expertise and position Originate as a domain expert when working with high-profile and sophisticated financial partners.
2. Generate thought leadership: Build models and generate intellectual capital.
3. Deliver (and present) customized data analyses.
- Advanced degree required in math, engineering, statistics or related field
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in quantitative role in either a financial institution or an Insurance company
- Prior experience with high-profile financial institutions is a plus
- Global experience a plus
- Experience in Matlab, Python, R, SQL and related data science/analytics languages required
- Good general investment knowledge across asset classes
- Knowledge of Insurance ALM Modeling, and Risk Based Capital would be plus
- Strong production and results orientation and an overall “get it done” mentality
- Strong background working with global organizations and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen
- Able to work effectively and professionally with colleagues of all levels and disciplines and often in distributed teams.
How to apply:
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Financial Engineer" in the subject line